The Saginaw Community Foundation can support you and your clients at every step in the charitable giving process. We can provide information on community needs and on the local agencies and programs that make a difference in the areas your clients care about most.
Some advisors are reluctant to begin a charitable giving conversation with their client, and may be concerned about appearing to make a values judgment, especially if the client has not expressed charitable intentions. However, by not broaching the subject of charitable giving, a significant opportunity may be lost for your client and the community. In fact, many individuals expect their professional advisors to bring up the subject if appropriate. . . and assume charitable giving is not an option if the subject is not raised. Is giving through the Saginaw Community Foundation right for your clients?
Seven questions for Estate and Financial Advisors
1. Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community?
2. Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
3. Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community?
4. Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
5. Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
6. Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contributions under federal law?
7. Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about the Saginaw Community Foundation. Please contact us at (989) 755-0545 for conversations, ideas, planning guides and more.