Nonprofit Endowment Funds
Several nonprofit agencies in Saginaw County have realized the benefits of establishing an endowment fund with Saginaw Community Foundation. To determine if an endowment fund is right for your organization, read the benefits of establishing a fund below. Or, if you have any questions, give us a call at (989) 755-0545.
Why a nonprofit endowment fund?
Nonprofit endowment funds create stable, diversified and predictable sources of income. To provide financial stability for your nonprofit organization, it may be wise to consider a funding mix, just as you would with your own personal finances.
Endowment funds are a permanent source of assets that generate income and grow over time. Forever. Earnings will provide an additional source of income every year.
The benefits of establishing an endowment fund at Saginaw Community Foundation include:
• Provides an additional giving option for your donors to support your agency.
• Being invested in a larger pool of assets which can lead to greater growth, greater income and lower investment fees.
• Saginaw Community Foundation handles investment management and oversight, all accounting and financial reporting, and an annual audit.
• An annual income disbursement of 5 percent of the fair market value of your fund.
• You may choose to reinvest all or part of the income in years when it may not be needed, so your endowment can further grow.
• All gifts to your fund are restricted for your use only. While pooled for investment purposes, your endowment will not be used by Saginaw Community Foundation.
• Your endowment fund will receive exposure in Saginaw Community Foundation’s annual report.
• All gifts to your endowment fund are deductible at the highest levels allowed.
• Your organization may be able to offer donors more sophisticated planned giving devices such as charitable gift annuities.
• You will receive access to planned giving resources designed to assist your development efforts.