Before you begin
It’s important to read the following before you begin your application. If you have additional questions, review our frequently asked questions or call the foundation at (989) 755-0545.
● Two people who are unrelated to you will need to write a letter of recommendation for you to submit with your application. Be certain to give these people plenty of time to write a recommendation. Some scholarships require recommendations from specific persons. See the individual scholarship descriptions or the Special Attachment section of the application for more information.
You must upload the letters of recommendation with your application. Multi-page letters must be scanned and saved as multi-page documents. DO NOT take a photo of your letters of recommendations – they must be scanned. Acceptable file formats include PDF or JPG. Google Docs cannot be accepted.
● Request a copy of your most recent official school transcript to upload with your application. Your transcript is different than your report card. High school seniors: you must upload transcripts that include the first semester/trimester of your senior year.
● Complete FAFSA prior to submitting your application. Be prepared to upload your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) documentation from FAFSA in the Financial Information Page in the SCF Scholarship Application. Do not wait until the last minute to complete FAFSA.
● Because your essay is a significant factor in your overall score, be sure to give it careful thought and editing. Do not copy and paste your essay from another program as this may cause formatting errors that are not compatible with our online application.
● Include any required special attachments or membership verification information. See individual scholarship descriptions or the Special Attachment or Membership Verification section of the application form for more specific information.
● Be certain to answer all questions on the application that are highlighted in pink. This information is required.
● Applications for 2018 will begin being accepted on November 1, 2017 and must be submitted online by February 15, 2018. Be sure your application is complete before submitting your application on the submission page.