Before you begin
It’s important to read the following before you begin your application. If you have additional questions, review our frequently asked questions or call the foundation at (989) 755-0545.
● Two people who are unrelated to you will need to submit recommendations on your behalf. Be certain to give these people plenty of time to write a recommendation. Some scholarships require recommendations from specific persons. See the individual scholarship descriptions or the Special Attachment section of the application for more information.
● Request a copy of your most recent school transcript to upload with your application. Your transcript is different than your report card.
● Collect the IRS tax information needed to complete the Financial Information section.
● Because your essay is a significant factor in your overall score, be sure to give it careful thought and editing. It is recommended that you draft your essay in another program, such as Microsoft Word, because the application does not have Spell Check. After you paste your essay in the application, check for formatting issues (such as tabs or indent).
● Include any required special attachments or membership verification information. See individual scholarship descriptions or the Special Attachment or Membership Verification section of the application form for more specific information.
● Be certain to answer all questions on the application. This information is required.
● Applications must be submitted by Feb. 15, 2016. Be sure your application is complete before submitting your application on the submission page.
Note: it may take up to two (2) business days for your new registration to be approved before access to the application will be allowed.